About Me

My photo
I'm 39 years olds and I'm just trying to find my place in the world. I've had a few careers, owned a few businesses, and overcame a few challenges. Now, after an entire life-time of trying my hardest to be who and what I thought everybody else wanted me to be, I'm finally ready to be myself. The fun part is uncovering who that is.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Purchases and Arrivals

I completely failed to tell you about my purchases from Academy yesterday (well Thursday). Someone left a comment that she got her stove there and I was like duh, why haven't I tried any local stores other than Walmart. To be honest, I never gave it a thought. But I'm glad I went. I picked up a fold-up director's chair and a 12 volt lantern. Plus I got to look at a bunch of stuff without having to order it. Very nice.

Today my Texsport Stove/Grill arrived. I LOVE IT!!! It's so freaking cool. I'm going to try it out this weekend with some grilled onions and broccoli and a fried hamburger patty. That's pretty much the extent of my cooking but it works for me.

Othen than that, I still have to send the battery charger back to Amazon. Luckily for me, it refuses to charge 100% anyway. It keeps hanging out at 50-60%. It says on the box to charge every 3 months but the sticker on the front said it was last charged November 2010. Maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know. I just hate to pay all that freaking money to return it. That's what I get for not waiting for experienced help when it's offered.

I still haven't been able to pick up my heater from Walmart. It's there but their system isn't showing it in. I saw a Mr. Heater Buddy or something last night at Academy that I liked better anyway. I can leave the windows cracked and still be pretty warm. Plus I don't have to light it with a match which is a major plus on the side of safety.

Ok, that's it for me. It's 3:42 am and I'm still awake. That generally doesn't bode will for my morning routine.

Sleep tight and Be Blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Academy is cool, but it's like a candy store for campers, so beware!! ;-) Glad the stove/grill thing arrived. It really looked totally functional from the photos the other day.

    ReplyDelete

hi. feel free to leave a comment but please make sure to keep it positive. life is too short for ugly.