About Me

My photo
I'm 39 years olds and I'm just trying to find my place in the world. I've had a few careers, owned a few businesses, and overcame a few challenges. Now, after an entire life-time of trying my hardest to be who and what I thought everybody else wanted me to be, I'm finally ready to be myself. The fun part is uncovering who that is.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Gunman and Meds

Ok, you know I usually sleep late, which is no big deal because I'm usually up late, but last night I decided to do something different. I was asleep, soundly, no later than 12:30am. By my calculations I should have been up and at 'em by at least noon. Well that didn't happen. I woke up at noon, used the bathroom and went back to sleep. I finally got up for the day at 3:43pm to 20 freaking text messages.

A gunman is loose in the area of my youngest son's school so all schools in that area were on lockdown. Apparently a black guy stole a car yesterday and when he was approached today by a white female cop - still in that car - he shot her.  By God's grace and mercy she's not dead. Normally I don't care about anyone's race but I mentioned theirs to say unless he turns himself in to the FBI or in another area, he's a dead man and he knows it. That ups his level of desperation. I woke up not knowing where my child was or if he was ok and it was a scary few minutes to get everything straightened out. Luckily my ex, who's completely awesome, was on top of everything and by the time I woke up, my son was at home with his step-mom, who's a teacher in another school district.  I was seriously freaked for a minute.

Then my middle baby thought I wasn't answering because I was in jail. My ex commandeered my car for a few days and forged my name on some of the checks he found in the glove box - I had just moved that week so things were crazy. Anyway, I got things worked out with my bank and the police, which is the reason he's sitting in jail now. However, two checks were returned when they hit my closed account. I just got the letters at my new address from the store threatening to lock me up if I didn't make everything right. An additional letter was also forwarded to my son's new apartment. Since I had spared him the drama about the checks, he thought I was in jail when he couldn't reach me today. So he contacted my sister in Memphis to get help in locating and freeing his mom. Yeah, it hasn't been pretty. I had to explain to my sister and my son that, yet again, my taste in men wasn't the best but everything was fine now and that yes, my ex was made to suffer for his actions. In my family, suffering for a wrong done us is very much necessary. However, while they would prefer that more physical harm was done him, overall they're ok with the situation.

It's been drama, drama, drama and I've only been up an hour.

As soon as possible, I'm getting with my doc and we're changing out my med. With babies I bore and love out in this unpredictable world, I just can't keep sleeping half my life away. We're going to have to find another solution.

Anyway, that's it for me. I haven't moved from the side of my bed since I woke up. I'm about to prepare to meet the day and I'll holla later. Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi. feel free to leave a comment but please make sure to keep it positive. life is too short for ugly.