About Me

My photo
I'm 39 years olds and I'm just trying to find my place in the world. I've had a few careers, owned a few businesses, and overcame a few challenges. Now, after an entire life-time of trying my hardest to be who and what I thought everybody else wanted me to be, I'm finally ready to be myself. The fun part is uncovering who that is.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ugghhh!!! Returning Items

Okay, so I'm looking at some of the stuff I have and, like usual and like I knew I was, I've bought too much gear and my bills still need to be paid. So, I have stuff to return.

Right now, to Walmart, I know I'm returning a red pillow, a eating utensil multi-tool thing, the Coleman stove, and a 4-function whistle (I found a 6 function one). I may also return the heater. I spoke to a guy at Battery Plus and he stated that I could just get a deep cycle battery and use solar panels to recharge it. I don't know about the panels but if I get the battery I can easily get a 12-volt heater and fan.

I know for a fact I'm keeping the sleeping bag, the cooler, the sleeping mat, the battery doctor battery protector, the battery monitor and the lantern. I'm buying the Texsport Stove I wanted. I finally reached the guy in customer service and he said the burners were 3.5 inches and that a 16.9 oz bottle of propane would last 4 hours. That's good enough for me.

================
Started 10/26/11. Finished 10/27/11.
================

Sorry about not finishing this post. I had to take off and finish running errands and then I went to my bestie's and spent the night so I wouldn't have to drive so far to my dentist appointment this morning.

I did go ahead and return things at Walmart, including a carpet cleaner I had from back in the day that was still unopened. FYI: They don't like stuff like it when you do stuff like that. While I was there I also picked up my whistle and potty that was waiting for me back at Site to Store.  My heater was in also but because it was showing in, they didn't give it to me. Now it's another trip to pick it up but that's ok. I'm not really busy right now anyway.

Going forward I'm just going to stick to the basics, the bare minimum, and then I'll add things as a need comes up. If I don't do it like that, I'll have my van full of cool, useless crap that I never open just like I have my apartment and all the apartments and homes before this.

I found a women's traveling group online and quickly became a member. I'm so glad I did. Vandwellers is awesome and there's a lot of info and help there but I do feel more comfortable with this group. Within 24 hours of posting an intro, I had 24 responses.  On Vandwellers I had 3. These women are so freaking cool and so honest about the bad stuff as well as the good. I need that because when we get honest about the problem, others can help us with the solution. Plus their honesty opens the door for me to admit my fears and insecurities.

Ok. This post is going on way, way to long so I'm going to cut it off here. I'm heading to a meeting and then running errands. After that, the night is my own.

Take care and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hi. feel free to leave a comment but please make sure to keep it positive. life is too short for ugly.