About Me

My photo
I'm 39 years olds and I'm just trying to find my place in the world. I've had a few careers, owned a few businesses, and overcame a few challenges. Now, after an entire life-time of trying my hardest to be who and what I thought everybody else wanted me to be, I'm finally ready to be myself. The fun part is uncovering who that is.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vandwelliing Update

I've made some additional purchases for Dude. Here they are, in no particular order:


ATD Tools 5928 12 V 1700 Peak Amp JumpStart





Rayovac SE3DLN Sportsman Xtreme 300-Lumen LED Lantern





RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove, Black

Some of what I'm buying is not going to make the final cut but I want to see everything together to decide what I do and do not need. That's one of the reasons I like buying from Amazon and Walmart. Amazon takes returns up to 30 days and Walmart up to 90 days.

I also bought a few things from some different stores:

I got this from Northern Tool:

Battery Doctor Automatic Over Discharge Battery Protector — 12 Volt




This from Sears: 

Coleman 50 Qt. Wheeled, Ultimate, Ice Green


I plan to get the $69 mattress from Walmart to sleep on and a couple of plastic drawers for clothes and food. I'm also going to pick up a plastic plate, bowl and cup from the dollar store.  I think that's all I'm going to need for my first major trip, something 5 or more days.  The trip to Richmond Tattoo Festival is only going to be 3 days. I may go ahead and load everything for that trip anyway so I can give it a true trial run.

Looking around my apartment I have so much junk to sell before I head out. Books I've never read. Stuff I've never used.  I'm seriously a hoarder.  But I'm not letting my stuff take me over going forward. Yes I might still buy books but they're all going on the kindle. Clothes will be limited to what I can carry in a tote. Food is limited to one drawer and a cooler. Shoes are limited to 3 pair - tennis shoes, hiking boots, flip flops. Personal hygiene, beauty products, and jewelry limited to a tackle box. Things are just going to be a lot simpler.

I am worried about how Maku is going to handle everything. I hate the thought of limiting his world to just the inside of a van. Plus I have to fit in his litter box, scratching post, and food and water bowls. Someone else mentioned putting her cat on a halter and letting him go outside on a long lead. I'm going to check into that. Maku means the absolute world to me and I can't risk him getting harmed but I don't want to diminish his quality of life either. Decisions, decisions.

That's all for me. Take care and be blessed. 

2 comments:

  1. I've seen some pretty cool cat enclosures out on the road. Similar to this
    http://www.wildwhiskers.com/

    and this
    http://www.amazon.com/Kittywalk-Outdoor-Enclosure-Patios-Balconies/dp/B0002ZAG52/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_1

    which can be expandable with this
    http://www.amazon.com/Kittywalk-Systems-Inc-KWCON1-T-Connect/dp/B0002ZFMT2/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_2

    They're pretty pricey, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. I found a great kitty tent on Amazon called Happy Habitat for Indoor Cats. It's only 52.97 AND free shipping. Knowing he won't be cooped up all day helps me feel so much better roping him into it.

    ReplyDelete

hi. feel free to leave a comment but please make sure to keep it positive. life is too short for ugly.